This delicious Bread Bowl Fondue is guaranteed to be the first appetizer to disappear at a party. The ooey gooey melted cheese is just too good to resist!
The fun thing about this recipe is that you can experiment with whatever flavors and ingredients. Don't like brie? No problem! Try mixing cheddar with ground beef and taco seasoning for a fun southwestern taste!
- 1 loaf of sour dough
- 14 ounces of brie cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 medium onion
- 7 ounces of swiss cheese
- 5 ounces of sliced ham
- 12 ounces of bocconcini cheese
- 1 roma tomato
- 12 basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 3 squares on top of loaf and pull out bread to make 3 bowls.
- Take the bread you removed from the loaf and cut into 1/2 inch bread sticks.
- Fill each bowl with layers of ingredients.
- Mix olive oil, garlic and parsley together in a small bowl.
- Toss bread sticks in olive oil mixture, place on baking sheet beside loaf and bake for 30 minutes.