Summertime is the best time to experiment with different refreshing and fruity desserts. While strawberries are in season, give this Strawberry Key Lime Cheesecake Trifle a try!
This trifle is so easy to put together, and once you’ve tried this one you can experiment with other cake/fruit combinations, like white cake and blueberries. Using boxed cake mix makes baking a breeze - keep this recipe in your back pocket for a last-minute showstopping dessert!
- 1 strawberry cake mix, plus ingredients required on the box
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 6 cups strawberries, sliced
- 6 whole strawberries, for garnish
- Zest of one lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the strawberry cake mix according to package directions, then bake in the prepared baking dish. Cool completely, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Add in the lime juice, then continue beating until well-incorporated. Gently fold in the Cool Whip.
- To assemble the trifle, layer half of the cake cubes, half the cheesecake mixture, and then half the sliced strawberries in a medium or large trifle dish. Repeat the layers once more, ending with the cheesecake mixture on top. Finish by garnishing with the whole strawberries and lime zest.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!