Pie is a much-loved dessert across America. From apple to strawberry rhubarb and blueberry, there are some sweet and delicious fruit filled pastries that your whole family will love.
Take a break from your ordinary pie favorites and try this recipe that will appeal to your sweet and salty side. This Salted Honey Pie is so rich and creamy that you will be going back for a second slice.
- 2 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Large Eggs Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Pie Crust
1. Prepare pie crust in a deep dish 8 or 9 inch pie pan. Place in fridge and do not pre-bake.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Add the egg yolks to a large bowl and set aside.
4. To make the filling, heat the heavy cream, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Stir regularly until it starts to thicken.
5. Once the mixture comes to a full boil, remove from heat.
6. A little at a time, slowly whisk the cream mixture into the eggs until combined and smooth.
7. Add the honey and vanilla extract to the custard.
8. Pour the filling into the piecrust
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes until it starts to bubble and brown on top.
10. Remove from oven and set on the counter to cool. The pie will still be jiggly but will firm up as it cools and comes to room temperature.
11. Put pie in the refrigerator until it is cold and full firm.
12. Spring with sea salt and serve.