The food of angels is ready to hit the grill! Yes indeed, you can throw that angel food cake on the BBQ for a dessert your taste buds won’t believe!
Grilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries is the simplest way to create the ultimate dessert to wow your friends and family. Just head to the grocery store and pick up a premade angel food cake, pop it on the grill, and serve it up with strawberries. Don’t forget that balsamic butter sauce - this unique treat is one to remember!
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices angel food cake (about 1 ounce each)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter and vinegar. Brush over the cut sides of cake.
- On a greased rack, grill the slices of cake, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve cake with strawberries and, if desired, ice cream.