In my family, no matter what time of the year it is, you could always count on Grandpa to serve up a bowl of his signature chili when you visited his home. That's why I've fallen in love with this spicy recipe that cooks mess-free in your slow cooker.
It's all the great taste you remember from childhood, but without all the fuss! Plus this recipe is easy to alter with all your family's favorite foods. Whether you top it with cheese, sour cream or some crumbled tortilla chips, they're sure to clean their bowls!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add a liner to your slow cooker to make clean-up even easier.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook the beef until it's crumbly and brown, then drain and discard any extra grease.
- Combine the ground beef, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours or on High for 4.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve!
In my family we would serve each bowl with a warm and tasty bread roll, perfect for wiping up all that sauce!
Share this tasty recipe with someone you know!
[H/T: All Recipes]