The internet is full of bad advice, but this one particular piece of information could get you killed if you follow it.
Health.com reports that an estimated 38,000 U.S. women under the age of 50 experience heart attacks every year.
But, because the symptoms are far less obvious in women, they often go unchecked.
Often, women ignore the symptoms of a heart attack, assuming that their symptoms are related to something much less serious. Some women even reported thinking that they had the flu.
- shortness of breath (as though you've just run a marathon)
- upper back pressure (like a rope is being tied tightly around you)
- dizziness, lightheartedness, fainting
- pain or discomfort in both arms, back, neck, jaw or stomach
- cold sweat, nausea, vomiting
- chest pain
Even though people are sharing it as doctor's advice, there is one thing you should never do if you are experiencing a heart attack...