BBQ and camping season is coming to a close but there is room for one dessert that will change your backyard and sitting around the fire for years to come.
This could be the next big thing since S’mores, you could even call this a s'more banana split! Crunchy pecans and graham crackers all held together with gooey marshmallow, resting on a warm banana smothered in rich chocolate! Now how could you say no to that!
- 6 ripe firm large bananas, unpeeled
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 3 graham crackers, chopped
- Cut 6 (12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Heat gas or charcoal grill, or heat oven to 350°F.
- With sharp knife, make deep lengthwise cut along inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open slit to form pocket. Crimp and shape 1 sheet of foil around each banana, forming boats.
- Holding each banana in hand, fill pocket with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons marshmallows, 2 tablespoons graham cracker and about 1/2 heaping teaspoon chopped pecans.
- Return each banana to its foil boat. Seal top of foil, leaving 2 to 3 inches headspace. Place on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until marshmallows soften. Or bake 15 to 20 minutes in oven until marshmallows soften. (Can also place in campfire coals to cook.)