This year for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations, why not whip up a quick and easy ice cream cake? I’ve never met somebody that didn’t like ice cream cake, and this Mexican Fried Ice Cream Dessert really takes the cake, if you know what I mean.
You’ll love the classic cinnamon and sugar flavor you’ll get from every bite of this scrumptious treat. If you’ve gotta serve up a crowd’s worth of dessert, you’ll love this!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (about 2 cups before crushing)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds, cook and stir about 3 minutes. Stir in crushed cereal, coconut and brown sugar. Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9 (3 quart) baking dish. Bake 5 minutes. Place in freezer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove ice cream from freezer to soften. In large bowl, mix ice cream and cinnamon. Spread over top of cooled crust. Cover and freeze 8 hours before serving. Cut into 5 rows by 3 rows.