If you like to buy citrus in bulk like me, sometimes you have a bit more than you need. Instead of waiting for your lemons to spoil, take action!
This is an easy kitchen hack for any home cook to do. Anytime a recipe calls for lemon juice or zest you'll be ready. So stop buying lemon juice in a bottle and make your own!
- Ice cube tray
- Medium bowl or measuring cup with spout
- Freezer ziplock bags
- Zester or fine grater
- Simply zest up a bunch of the lemons with zester or fine grater. Place the zest in a small container and freeze. Once you’re ready to use it, just take it out of the container.
- Cut open your lemons, and juice them with a juicer or by hand into a small bowl.
- Then pour the juice into ice cube trays, then freeze.
- When frozen, pop the cubes out into a large plastic ziptop bag.
- Now, you have lemon juice at the ready.