Anyone will tell you that a good pulled pork sandwich is really all about the sauce. My husband will tell you that nobody's sauce makes a mouthwatering pulled pork sandwich as good as his.
All it takes is a low temperature, and this delicious sauce recipe to slow cook the most delicious, juicy, pork you've ever served up.
Although many people use ginger ale or coke, our home recipe uses root beer. You'll love how the sweet, malty flavor really gives a warm flavor that punches up the smokey BBQ sauce.
Serves 8 - Suggested side: garden salad with balsamic dressing.
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 ounce) can or bottle of root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle of barbecue sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 kaiser or hamburger buns, toasted
- Rub salt, pepper and garlic salt on the tenderloin, then poke holes into the meat to encourage the juices to soak in.
- Place the tenderloin in a slow cooker
- Pour in the root beer
- Cover and cook on low about 5 hours
- Remove the pork, drain and pull apart with a fork
- Put pork back into slow cooker and add full bottle of BBQ sauce
- Cook on low for another 1- 1 1/2 hours
- Serve on toasted buns