What happens when you've been invited to a party or meeting on short-notice and you're required to bring some type of food?
Most people end up stopping at the store and grabbing something quick. Me? I feel guilty doing that, especially when I know other people have put in a lot of effort to make something at home.
I used to stress about it, but now with this quick and easy pecan cheesecake bar recipe I love getting invited places! I even make them for my family sometimes when I'm in a good mood!
- 1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar, divided
- Planter’s pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg until it forms into dough. Press the dough mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Using a mixer, combine the cream cheese and remaining egg until smooth. Slowly and in batches, mix in 3/4 of the box of powdered sugar.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake dough evenly until completely covered. Sprinkle the pecans and powdered sugar over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting.
And there you have it! A yummy, simple dessert guaranteed to please!