Waking up in the morning sometimes seems like an impossible task, even with a big cup of coffee. Why not put some coffee in your butter to get an extra kick on your toast!
As simple as it sounds, by cooking all ingredients together then adding it to some whipped butter, you’ll have coffee butter everyday of the week!
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons finely ground espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Cook cream, sugar, oil, espresso powder, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until just simmering and solids are dissolved, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and chill until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Beat butter on medium-low speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a food processor) to combine. With the motor running, drizzle in cream mixture. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until combined and smooth. Transfer to a resealable container and chill at least 3 hours. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes before serving.