No matter what time of the year a mudslide is my go-to drink so I thought why not combine these flavors with my favorite dessert, cheesecake!
The creamy baileys pairs perfectly with the smooth cheesecake. The espresso and chocolate combine for a warm mocha explosion! All on top of a crisp chocolate cookie crust. This is a dessert bar worth remembering!
- 30 Oreo cookies (3 cups crumbs)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup Irish cream liqueur
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, leaving 2 inches of overhang on each side for handles.
- In food processor, crush cookies to fine crumbs. Transfer to medium bowl, and stir in 1/4 cup melted butter until combined. Press mixture firmly in bottom of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is just set.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Add cornstarch and espresso powder; beat until combined. Reduce speed to low, and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla and Irish cream liqueur until just combined. Spread mixture evenly over crust in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cheesecake is set around edges but still jiggles slightly in center. Cool 1 hour on cooling rack. Refrigerate 2 hours to set.
- Place chocolate chips in medium bowl. In 1-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons butter just to boiling over high heat. Remove from heat; pour mixture over chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Cool 10 minutes; pour and spread chocolate mixture evenly over chilled cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour to set.
- Use foil handles to carefully remove bars from pan. Cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.