When it comes to easy recipes, this one's a winner! 4th of July Oreo Pops are quick, easy and totally tasty. Not to mention they'll look great at your 4th of July festivities. Make them up to one week in advance and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Red, white and blue candy melts
- Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles (red, white and blue, stars, etc.)
- Small ziploc bags (for drizzling)
- Melt a small amount of the white candy melts in the microwave.
- Twist your Oreos in half. Dip the end of a lollipop stick in the melted white candy mixture and stick between the two halves of the Oreo.
- Allow to cool and firm up (putting them in the freezer will speed this up).
- Microwave about 2/3 of the red candy melts.
- Dip the Oreo pop into the red candy. Cover completely with the red mixture and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Add sprinkles when still wet (optional).
- Repeat the process for the blue and white candy melts.
- If you want to add a drizzle of color, melt 6-8 candy melts in a small ziploc bag.
- Cut off a tiny corner of the bag and drizzle the melted candy over the Oreo pops.