Traditional caramel apples are delicious, but can be really tricky to make at home. These Inside Out Caramel Apples are a unique twist on the fairground classic, and they're way easier to make AND eat! Make these for all your fall get-togethers and your guests will be asking for seconds!
- 1 bag of caramels
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 2 granola bars, crumbled
- In a pot over medium heat, stir together your caramels and water until melted.
- Cut your apples in half. Remove the stems and cores, leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh.
- Brush the insides of your apples with lemon juice to prevent them from browning. Let apples sit for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, pat the insides of the apple cups dry.
- Pour the melted caramel into each apple cup.
- Sprinkle the crumbled granola bars over top of the caramel and place in the fridge to harden.