Wow that company coming this weekend with the ultimate combination of two Italian favorites! Pizza and lasagna? Together? Is that even a thing? You betcha! And let me tell you, it is DE-LISH!
This easy to make dinner party meal is sure to impress even the toughest of critics. Cheese, pepperoni, noodely and doughey goodness is guaranteed to crush any competition in town.
- 1 tube pizza dough
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 cups meat tomato sauce
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded and divided
- 9 slices provolone
- 10 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a spring-form pan with nonstick spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough to ¼-inch thick. Place the dough in the prepared pan, pressing into the corners and up the sides, then cut off any excess dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the lasagna noodles 2-3 minutes less than the package says, since it will continue cooking in the oven later.
- To assemble, spread sauce into the bottom of the pan onto the dough, then lay out some lasagna noodles. Next add in ¼ cup ricotta, ¼ cup parmesan, ¼ cup mozzarella, and 3 slices provolone. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until you have 4 layers.
- For the last layer, sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top, and place pepperoni in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven, then cool on a rack about 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice and serve. Enjoy!