Jalapeno Poppers are the bar snack I always order, but sometimes I want them at home but don’t have the time to make them. So I improvised with the help from some hot dogs.
A nice spicy jalapeno are a perfect shape to be howled out and stuffed with everyone's favorite, hot dogs! Don't forgot to stuff that hotdog with cheese as well!
- 12 extra large jalapeños
- 6-8 slices American cheese
- 4 thin hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 4 hot dog buns
- Turn on grill to high. Slice tops and off bottoms off of jalapeños. Using a paring knife, dig out seeds and ribs of each pepper to form a hollow tube.
- Cut cheese into rectangles and place in a halved hot dog, then place the other half of the dog on top to reform the hot dog with cheese in the center.
- Stuff hot dogs into jalapeño tubes. (this might take 2-3 jalapeños).
- Grill, charring jalapeños on all sides and warming the dogs.