Macaroons are typically made from ground almonds, coconut, sugar and egg whites, but what if we told you there was a much easier way to make the delicious treat? Introducing Jello Macaroons - these are the simplest macaroons you’ll ever make, and you’ll be so glad you did!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any flavor jello you like - we used a few different flavors to make a multitude of colors! These are so fun for a birthday party or bake sale, so why not give it a try?
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ tablespoon jello (in whatever flavor you like!)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 can whipped frosting
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, beat egg whites with salt until foaming.
- Gradually add Jell-O powder and sugar as you beat mixture and beat until it stands in peaks.
- Add in vinegar and gently mix.
- Spoon or pipe into small circles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then bake for 25 minutes, turn oven off (don’t open the door!) and allow to sit for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool completely.
- To finish the macaroons, once fully cooled, pipe or spread frosting on the bottom of one, then place the bottom of another macaroon on the other side to create a “sandwich.” Enjoy!