Say what you want about BBQs not being a competition, there's always a sense that you need to impress everyone when you offer to bring something.
While they may not judge the store-bought veggie patter you bring, deep-down you have a sense of pride that requires a tasty, creative, crowd-pleasing dish!
That's why this copy-cat KFC coleslaw is so perfect. It's an easy recipe that can be made in large quantities and it makes you look like a genius for having the 'secret recipe.'
What You'll Need
- 8 cups finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1⁄4cup diced carrot
- 2tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄3cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4cup milk
- 1⁄2cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
How To Make It
- Cabbage and carrots must be finely diced. (I use fine shredder disc on food processor) .
- Pour cabbage and carrot mixture into large bowl and stir in minced onions.
- Using regular blade on food processor process remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
And there you have it! Pretty simple, right?