Is there anything better than a good casserole on a weeknight?
Warm, gooey, usually cheesy. It's the perfect meal, honestly.
But chicken casseroles can get a little boring. Chicken, cheese, noodles, it's all the same.
Or is it?
This Ranch Chicken casserole is a new twist on an old favorite. Still gooey, still cheesy, but with a couple new elements that are sure to leave your family begging for more!
- 4 chicken breast sliced thin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon chive chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon parsely chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced into a paste
- 12 corn tortilla cut into quarters
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup monterey jack
- 1/2 cup parmesan shredded
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Slice chicken into thin strips and season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well then aside.
- In a bowl make ranch by using a whisk to mix sour cream, butter milk, cream cheese, dill, chive, parsley, garlic, the remaining salt and pepper.
- Spread a 1/4 cup of ranch on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Add chicken to the remaining ranch and mix well so all pieces of chicken are fully coated.
- Evenly layer half the tortillas in pan on top of sauce then spread half of the chicken on top.
- Mix cheeses together and evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture on top of chicken.
- Make another layer with tortillas, chicken and cheese.
- Bake in oven at for 45 minutes at 375 °F or until cheese on top is golden brown and bubbly.
And there you have it! Ranch Chicken casserole that's a sure-fire crowd pleaser!