Cloud eggs are the newest food craze, that involve creating fluffy cloud-like egg whites, with a yolk served in the middle.
The dish has grown in popularity with health conscious consumers because it abides by clean eating and low carb diets.
But does it live up to the hype?
"Making morning eggs fun while staying healthy!" writes one Instagram user.
Egg Cloud Making morning eggs fun while staying healthy! Nothing extra added: separate the egg, whip the white, make a "cloud" and bake at 450 5-8 minutes, add the yolk & bake 3 more minutes- voila! . . . #cloudegg #cloudeggs #eggcloud #healthy #healthybreakfast #healthyfood #food #foodie #eat #eatwell #eathealthy #fitness #fitnessfood #foodisfuel #workout #breakfast
Some foodies pair it with other breakfast items including, beans, toast and meat.
These look good enough to eat! Surprisingly they are no more complicated than your typical egg breakfast, so why not give it a try for yourself.
- Separate the eggs' yolks from the whites and place in a different bowls
- Whisk the whites until they are of a fluffy, thick consistency.
- Add any extra ingreditents and then fold in.
- Place the egg white mixture into piles on a baking sheet, leaving a hole for the yolk.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 230 degrees C for between 5-8 minutes
- Remove from oven and put the yolk in the hole, baking for an additional 3 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and serve.
Will you be trying this innovative breakfast item?