Anything made in a slow cooker is a winner in my books. This recipe for Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak makes the classic dish too easy to make!
Salisbury steak is a made from a blend of ground beef, which is then shaped to resemble a steak! This delicious beef dinner is great for a special occasion, and with mashed potatoes and gravy you’ve got a meal to remember! Serve this up for the easiest gourmet meal you’ll ever make!
For the patties:
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6-oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 package of brown gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix all the patty ingredients together, then form small patties about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Place patties in the slow cooker, then top with onion and mushrooms.
- Mix all other ingredients except the cornstarch and pour over the meat and vegetables. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove patties. On high setting, whisk in cornstarch and let cook until it thickens.
- Add patties back in to coat with sauce before serving.