Feeding your family night after night really starts to play with your creative mind.
If you're not thinking outside the box, chances are it won't get eaten. Not to mention you don't want to eat chicken breast night in and night out.
Never fear, though. We've got a great idea for your next dinner and it's almost guaranteed to be a family-favorite.
One-dish cheeseburger casserole is the perfect meal for you and the whole family!
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 1 12oz (340g) box rotini pasta
- 2 cups (470ml) chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14oz (396g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups (230g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (or 220°C). Add the ground beef into the bottom of a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Bake for 25 minutes and remove it from the oven. Briefly, drain some of the fat from the beef.
2. Pour the pasta onto and spread into an even layer over the beef. Add the chicken broth, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper. Make sure that the pasta is just submerged in the liquid, feel free to remove some broth or add some water to achieve this.
3. Top the casserole with shredded cheddar cheese before placing into the preheated oven to cook for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Serve with a side of lettuce and tomato.
Enjoy this sure-fire crowd pleaser!