If you’re on the (endless) hunt for weeknight dinners that the whole family will love, look no further - Mac and Cheese Spaghetti has come to the rescue!
Skip the buttered noodles for dinner tonight and whip this up in just about the same amount of time. This is a meal that both adults and kids will love...between the ooey gooey cheese, peas, and bacon, who wouldn’t love this dish?!
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded, divided
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a 9x13 baking dish combine crumbs, Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Bake 5 minutes, then remove from the oven, stir and set aside.
- In a large pot, boil spaghetti in salted water, according to package directions, until al dente. Add peas during the last 3 minutes of spaghetti cooking time. Reserve 2 cups of the pasta water just before draining noodles. Drain spaghetti and peas, then set aside, keeping warm.
- Return 1 cup of the reserved pasta water back to the large pot. Bring to a boil, then add 2 tablespoons butter, and the mustard. Add Cheddar cheese, a little at a time, stirring after each addition, until melted and well-incorporated. Stir in more reserved pasta water if needed.
- Add spaghetti mixture, tossing to combine. Sprinkle each serving with breadcrumb mixture and bacon.