I love pie, and if I'm being totally honest, I could eat an entire pie to myself! These Mason Jar Pies are super cute, but they're also great for portion control. Each pie comes in it's own little mason jar, so you don't have to worry about eating too much. Make enough for your guests to eat for dessert or to take home as a gift!
- 3, 9 inch pie crusts (store bought works great for this)
- Pie filling (we used pumpkin pie, but you could try apple, blueberry, cherry...whatever flavors you like!)
- 12 half pint wide-mouth mason jars
- Cut a strip of pie crust that will fill the sides of your mason jar. Use the ring from one of your lids to cut a circle of crust for the bottom of your jar. Place both pieces inside your mason jar and press into sides and bottom of jar to keep secure.
- Fill the jar with your pie filling and top with a cute acorn cutout from your excess crust.
- Bake your pies according to the package directions on your crust or according to the pie recipe you used.
- Once baked and cooled, they're ready to serve!