Making candy canes is a lengthy process and takes skill and precise temperatures. So making them at home isn’t the easiest, this recipe is a delicious and will take no time to through together.
Soft and minty two bite patties are perfect for the holidays. A colorful treat that your kids will gobble up!
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1 - 2 tsp peppermint extract or mint extract OR any other extract you want
- 3 - 4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- food coloring - preferably gel
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Combine butter and corn syrup together in a small bowl.
- Stir in your extract of choice.Add 2 cups powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Stir in an additional cup of powdered sugar.
- Knead the mixture until the powdered sugar is absorbed and the dough is completely smooth, adding additional powdered sugar if needed.
- Divide dough into three portions.
- Tint one portion red with the red food color/gel and one green. Leave one portion white. If the dough gets sticky, knead in more powdered sugar, ¼ cup at a time.
- Shape into ¾ inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Flatten gently with a fork.