If there is one thing that defined the '80s besides neon clothing and crimped hair, it's spinach and pumpernickel bread bowls.
If you're looking for something a little different to bring to BBQ season this year, why not enjoy a blast from the past and whip up this super easy appetizer?
It's not too complicated and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare!
1 (13.75 oz) can of quartered artichoke hearts
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
1/2 cup grated parmasean
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lemon, zested/juiced
pinch of salt
1 large loaf of Pumpernickle bread
- In a large bowl, mix: artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, spinach, Parmasean, yogurt, garlic, lemon zest and juice
- Cut vertical lines into the bread about 1 inch apart - only cut down halfway deep
- Turn the loaf 90 degrees and repeat step 2
- Scoop out the bread cubes and arrange around the loaf
- Spoon dip into the center of the loaf bowl