Are you ready for the weekend? In case you didn't remember, it's Mother's Day on Sunday May 14th, and you'll want to make something extra-special for mom. The regular breakfast-in-bed of eggs, toast, and bacon is waaaay overdone, so why not surprise mom with something new and yummy?
This French toast recipe from Just a Taste puts a cool new twist on the classic recipe, and mom is going to love it! Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast is the breakfast of dreams, and you'll just need a few ingredients to get started.
What You'll Need
- 8 1-inch thick slices of white bread
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries, divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Unsalted butter, for cooking
Maple syrup, for serving
How To Make It
1. Cut a wide pocket into each slice of bread without cutting all the way through the bread.
2. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/2 cup diced strawberries until well combined, about 2 minutes.
3. Slather a portion of the cream cheese mixture inside each bread pocket and press each bread pocket closed.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and sugar.
5. Place a large pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted, dip each stuffed slice of toast into the egg mixture on all sides and shake off any excess.
6. Place the bread immediately into the pan and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Flip once and continue cooking until golden, about 2 minutes. Repeat the coating the cooking process with the remaining slices of bread.
7. Serve the French toast immediately topped with maple syrup and the remaining diced strawberries.
I'd love to try this, wouldn't you! Don't forget to SHARE this recipe with your friends!