You don't have to venture out to a restaurant or wait for Cinco de Mayo to roll around in order to enjoy a classic Mexican dish.
Enchiladas are a staple on every Mexican menu, but between the stuffing, rolling and baking they can be time consuming and hard to replicate at home.
Thankfully, we've the found a great one-pot recipe that will yield the cheesiest and tastiest enchiladas and you can cook it all in your slow cooker!
The slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole uses only 5 ingredients but they come together so well to a savoury meal that doesn't take much effort at all. It is deliciously filling and your family won't be able to resist a second helping.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 can (28 ounces) Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) black olives (divided)
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker then pour the enchilada sauce on top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Cut the tortillas into strips, add to chicken and sauce.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and half the olives into the sauce and chicken mixture.
- Stir again.
- Flatten the mixture slightly.
- Add the rest of the cheese and the olives on top.
- Cook on low for about 40 - 60 minutes longer.
Serve with rice or your choice of side. Enjoy!