This simple recipe only calls for a few ingredients, but the end results in a very filling, custard-like cake that melts in your mouth with every bite.
Seriously one of the easiest desserts to make in a pinch and doesn't overwhelm you with a sickly sweet taste.
The secret ingredient gives this Mom's Flan a special zing that no one else has!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ounce water
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6-8" Flan mold
- Warm the oven to 350°F
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat
- Swirl saucepan for 3-4 minutes until sugar is dissolved and caramel color
- Pour into the bottom of a flan mold
- In another bowl, blend evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, cinnamon, eggs and vanilla
- Pour mix into the flan mold
- Place flan mold into a 13 x 9 baking dish with 1-inch of warm water
- Bake 1.5 hours or until knife inserted comes out clean
- Remove flan from hot water and allow to cool to room temperature
- Refrigerate for several hours, or over night
- Gently shake lose flan and invert onto serving dish