With the speed of some songs these days, it's no wonder there are misheard lyrics. Generally, though, you can decipher what is being said just based on context.
However, some people just can't seem to get it right.
People have shared some of their most hilariously misheard lyrics and honestly, it's shocking. How can you be that far off?
Check out some of the funniest misheard lyrics we could find. Warning: Some of them you won't be able to un-hear.
1. How To Save A Life by The Fray
Actual Lyric: "And I pray to God he hears you."
Misheard Lyric: "And I pray to God he kills you"
2. We Built This City by StarshipActual Lyric: "We built this city on rock and roll"
Misheard Lyric: "We built this city on sausage rolls"
3. Tiny Dancer by Elton John
Actual Lyric: Hold me closer, tiny dancer.
Misheard Lyric: Hold me closer, Tony Danza
4. Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
Actual Lyric: It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
Misheard Lyric: It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not
5. Purple Haze by Jimi HendrixActual Lyric: Excuse me while I kiss the sky
Misheard Lyric: Excuse me while I kiss this guy
6. I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
Actual Lyrics: I wanna hold your hand
Misheard Lyrics: I wanna hold your ham
7. I'm A Believer by The Monkees
Actual Lyrics: Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Misheard Lyrics: Then I saw her face, now I'm gonna leave her
8. Message In A Bottle by The Police
Actual Lyrics: A year has passed since I wrote my note
Misheard Lyrics: A year has passed since I broke my nose
9. Blank Space by Taylor Swift
Actual Lyrics: Got a long list of ex-lovers.
Misheard Lyrics: Got a lot of Starbucks lovers
10. Chasing Pavements By Adele
Actual Lyrics: Should I just keep chasing pavements?
Misheard Lyrics: Should I just keep chasing penguins?
11. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot
Actual Lyrics: I like big butts and I cannot lie
Misheard Lyrics: I like big butts and a can of limes
What are some song lyrics you always mishear? Let us know in the comments!