Monkey bread is one of my favorite treats to make. First, it's delicious. Second, you can have as much or as little of it as you'd like, so you don't have to feel bad if you only want to try a 'sample'. Finally, it's fantastic for sharing- not that you would want to share this Apple Pie Monkey Bread when it comes out of the oven, warm and smelling delicious.
You be the judge.
- 1 20 ounce can sliced apple pie filling
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 Cans Homestyle Pillsbury Biscuits
For the Glaze:
- 1 Cup Powered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4-8 Tablespoons Milk
1. In a large bowl empty can of apple pie filling and run a knife through the apple slices to get them into bite-sized pieces.
2. Add sugars, flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and melted butter.
3. Separate and cut biscuits into quarters or smaller.
4. Pour apple mixture over mixture and coat evenly.
5. Dump mixture into a well greased bundt pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until the bread is cooked through.
7. While the monkey bread is cooking, make the icing by mixing the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and add milk until you get the desired consistency.
8. Once your timer goes off, remove from the oven and while still hot, tip the pan upside down onto a serving dish to release the monkey bread.
9. Drizzle the glaze over the top and serve while warm.