Grandmothers everywhere have made these cookies at least once for their grandchildren.
This classic recipe from the Mrs. Field's Cookie Cookbook will probably be the most requested treat in your baking arsenal.
Even without the jam, these delicious cookies are a light, delicious treat that you can devour in two bites!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Medium bowl: combine flour and baking powder with whisk
- Separate medium bowl: beat butter and sugar,
- Add egg and vanilla, beat again on medium until smooth
- Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined and dough is firm
- Take tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls
- Press into small medalions, then press a small well into the dough
- Fill with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until light golden brown