Too hot to bake this Fourth of July weekend? Want something effortless and fun to make for a crowd? Try these no-bake cake batter truffles for a simple fix that everyone will love!
With a cross between lollipops and cake, these cake batter truffles are easy to customize with different colors. Wow your guests with additional touches like sprinkles and chill for a bite-size dessert that will have everyone begging for the recipe! Don't forget to make an extra batch - these will get eaten up in no time!
For the Truffles
- 1-1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 c. strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
- 1-2 tsp. red food coloring
- 2 tbsp. sprinkles
For the Coating
- 16 oz. chocolate colored melting wafers
- Sprinkles in red, white and blue (for topping)
- For the truffles: Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk and food coloring to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- For the coating: While dough balls are chilling, melt colored chocolate wafers in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals.
- Using a fork or cake pop stick, dip truffles into melted chocolate and gently twirl around to remove excess coating. Place truffle back on cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
- Chill truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes approximately 24–30 truffles.