We are fully into chili season now, and I have a new favorite recipe I'm excited to be sharing with you today… This creamy white chicken chili is the perfect mix of savory spices and sweet creamy, body-warming goodness. The sweetness of corn contrasts the heat of the green chilies or jalapeno slices… yum!
Anything I can make in a slow cooker is already a win in my opinion. You get one hundred percent homemade goodness without any of the effort. Just put everything in, and let your slow cooker do the rest. Ideal on a cold night - this is an amazing winter meal to warm you to the bones!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 ounces chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 15-ounce cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
For the toppings
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, and then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.