Cream pies are my favorite but I’ve been getting a little bored with the usual flavors. Then I asked myself why not try pineapple and boy was that a good idea!
All the usual ingredients that a great cream pie should have, plus pineapple! This tropical version of a classic pie is a vacation for your mouth with every bite!
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple, drained very well
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 ounces cool whip
- Maraschino cherries
- Pineapple slices
- In a food processor ground whole graham crackers to get fine crumbs
- Combine graham crackers crumbs with ½ cup melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 8” pie plate. Press hard to compact. You can use a glass to press the bottom, but use your fingers to press the sides.
- Set in the fridge to firm while making the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed pineapple, sour cream and vanilla pudding mix
- Mix until well combined
- Pour into pie crust and spread evenly
- Top the pie with cool whip
- Decorate top with Maraschino cherries and pineapple slices