One pot meals are taking over in my household, and this recipe for One Pot Cheesy Tortellini and Meatballs has taken the number one spot!
It’s seriously way too easy throwing this yummy meal together for a quick weeknight dinner in a hurry! Use frozen meatballs and tortellini to make things even simpler, and you’ve got a meal that your whole family will love!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 35 to 37 meatballs, (if frozen thawed completely)
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add meatballs and brown on all sides.
- Add tortellini, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes or until tortellini is cooked.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover skillet and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.