One pot meals are the key to making my weeknight dinners seamless. I do all my meal planning on the weekend so the legwork is out of the way.
One of my favorite meals is lasagna, but there's nothing I hate more than slaving away at a long recipe when I've just come home from work. This One Pot Lasagna is the best of both worlds - all the yummy classic flavors in one huge dish. Give it a try and it'll become a staple in your weekly routine!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian sausage links, casing removed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks.
Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil and cover, then reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan until well combined.
Using a small cookie scoop, top with dollops of ricotta and cover until heated through, about 2-4 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.