I always wondered why their was only 3 reese’s cups a package, when I want a giant bag of them! Out of necessity I had to make my own with a twist to keep my tummy happy!
These Oreo White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups have everything required for the ultimate snack. Velvety whipped peanut butter frosting, a chocolatey oreo cookie enrobed in sweet white chocolate. This recipe will satisfy any sweet tooth, just make sure to make more than 3!
- 16 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 16 Oreos
- Line a standard sized muffin tin with six liners.
- Melt half the chocolate (8 ounces) in the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water. Divide evenly among the liners, spreading on the bottoms and slightly up the sides. Pop in the freezer to set.
- While the chocolate is setting make the peanut butter filling: Beat the peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Divide evenly among the tops of 12of the Oreos (reserve the remaining four). Use a spoon, offset spatula or clean damp fingers to press into a smooth and even layer.
- When the chocolate has hardened, place the Oreos inside each liner – return to the freezer. Crush the remaining two Oreos and set aside.