I’ve always wondered what a cross between a baked potato and potato chips would be like? Let me tell you, it's real and it’s really delicious!
By slicing the potatoes super thin you get a fluffy center and a potato chip crunch on the outside. A rich aroma and flavor will permeate the air with hints of thyme and garlic. No potato should go without a dash of salty cheese to round out this perfect potato dish!
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 gold potatoes, cut into 1/16 inch slices
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, melt butter and use it to butter your muffin tin.
- Next, cut your gold potatoes into thin slices. When finished, place them in a large mixing bowl. Then, add melted butter, Parmesan cheese, and spices. Toss the mixture so that the potatoes are coated evenly.
- Now, layer the potatoes into stacks and place them into each individual muffin cup in the muffin tin. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is tender.
- Once done, take them out of the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Garnish the finished potato stack with Parmesan cheese, thyme, or rosemary. And enjoy!