Well it doesn't get any more simple than this: Vegan One Pot Pasta. Yep, all the ingredients in ONE POT. I think I'm in love. Here at Shared, we LOVE the idea of throwing a bunch of ingredients into a pot, and—poof—you have a delicious meal. For your cooking pleasure, please allow me to introduce you to the delicious world of ONE POT COOKING! Yum. If you hear the word vegan but the idea of pasta with no cheese makes you sad :( Don't worry - you can totally add cheese and just call it One Pot Pasta - my sister gave me the recipe and she is vegan so I kept it that way - but feel free to tweak it and make it your own! Just make sure to tell me about it.
- 6 oz Spaghetti
- 2 large Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 White Onion, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 sprigs of Basil, torn
- 4 sprigs of Thyme, de-stemmed
- ½ cup chopped Artichoke Hearts
- ¼ cup halved Black Olives
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2½ cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt/Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine Linguine, Diced Tomatoes, Sliced Onion, Minced Garlic, Capers, Dried Parsley, Red-Pepper Flakes, Basil, Thyme, Artichoke, Black Olives and pesto in a pot.
- Pour Vegetable Broth over ingredients and add Olive Oil and Sugar to the pot.
- Bring pot to a boil over high heat. Do not cover with a lid. Reduce to a medium simmer and let cook, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and broth has nearly evaporated, about 12-14 minutes.
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper, and serve immediately.