There was nothing like ice cream sandwiches growing up. Simple vanilla ice cream and chocolate cookie were perfect but now I’ve grown up and need a boozy upgrade!
Let’s start with Pina Colada flavors and go from there! Coconut rum soaked pineapple slices for holding the creamy ice cream. Dipped in rich chocolate and sprinkled with toasted coconut! A childhood favorite is now a grown ups go to summer treat!
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, sliced, and cored
- ¾ cup coconut rum
- 1 pint coconut ice cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- Maraschino cherries
- Place pineapple slices in a small dish. Pour coconut rum over slices. Marinate for at least 1 hour, flipping the slices over halfway through.
- Remove pineapple slices and dry well with paper towels.
- Carefully slice of the bottom of your ice cream container. Remove the lid and cut away the rest of the paper container. Slice ice cream into rounds.
- Place the ice cream slices in between two pineapple slices. Freeze immediately until completely solid.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, at 15 second intervals. Until smooth.
- Dip half of the frozen sandwiches in the melted chocolate and immediately coat with toasted coconut flakes. Top with maraschino cherries.