With summer coming to an end there's no reason for the summer flavor to go. Super simple dump cake with complex pina colada flavor!
This cake mix hack will change the way cakes are made for ever! Simply toss all your ingredients in a 9 by 13 baking dish, mix it up and pop it in the oven! Your tropical inspired cake will be ready in minutes!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup spiced rum
- 2 pounds frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed small
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Toasted coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, mix together melted butter, rum, and frozen pineapple until well-combined.
- Scoop the dry cake mix evenly over the pineapple mixture, then sprinkle coconut on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining butter cubes evenly over the cake mix, then bake in the middle of the oven 50-60 minutes, or until batter is cooked through and coconut is toasted but not burnt. If the coconut begins to burn before end of cook time, cover with aluminum foil.
- Serve warm or cool with desired toppings. Enjoy!