Pineapple upside down cake set a standard for all upside down cakes. With the growing popularity of monkey breads this was just a matter of time until this was done.
Taking pineapple upside down cake into this century with Monkey bread! All the same tropical flavors of the classic cake accept the added bonus of being a pull apart monkey bread!
- 2 cans pillsbury country biscuits
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- Unroll biscuits and cut into sixths.
- Pour ¼ cup granulated sugar into gallon-size Ziploc bag, add cut biscuits, and shake to coat.
- Melt butter and brown sugar over low heat. Pour into a greased 12-cup bundt pan.
- Add chopped pineapple and cherries, spreading evenly over melted butter & brown sugar mixture.
- Top with sugar-coated biscuit dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 min or until golden brown.
- Remove bread from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.