Whoever said less is more might have been talking about these delicious meatloaf "muffins". You probably didn't think meatloaf could get any more delicious, but this ingenious trick will make you a believer.
Like so many great recipes it all starts with bacon.
Here's what you'll need to make it happen.
1 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, minced
2 medium carrots grated
1 egg beaten
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard
1 tablespoon brown sugar
12 slices bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, carrots, beaten egg, breadcrumbs and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. Set aside.
4. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Carefully insert a piece of bacon into each muffin hole, sticking it to the edge.
5. Separate the meat mixture into 12 equal portions. Fill each of the holes in the muffin tray with the meat mixture.
6. Top each of the muffins with the ketchup mixture.Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before unmolding and serving.
There you have it! Your mini meal that packs huge flavor.