Dessert doesn't have to be complicated.
You don't need to spend hours following complicated steps that require endless whipping and kneading to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This southern-inspired peach dumpling bake is incredibly easy to put together and only takes about 30 minutes to cook.
The recipe dresses up the peaches in crescent roll dough, cinnamon, sugar and butter for a delicious combination that proves that peaches are more than just for pies and cobblers.
So grab a basket of peaches and a can of crescent rolls on your next grocery trip and treat your family to an unexpected comforting treat.
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup orange soda
- 2-3 fresh peaches
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F then butter a 8x8 inch baking dish.
2. Peel peaches and cut each into 4-6 slices.
3. Roll each peach slice in a crescent roll and place in the buttered dish.
4. Melt butter, stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla, when it’s thickened, remove from heat and pour over the dumplings.
5. Pour the soda in the middle and along the edges of a pan (not over the rolls)
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
7. You can sprinkle more cinnamon-sugar on top of the baked dumplings if you like.
Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream.