For a sweet treat this summer that isn’t full of unnatural sugar, look no further than this recipe for Real Watermelon Cupcakes!
Use up all that ripe watermelon and make a whole batch of these delicious treats! Slice up your watermelon and cut out rounds to make “cupcakes,” then it’s decorating time! Whipped cream, raspberries and mint leaves make for an absolutely refreshing combo - you’ll want to make these again and again!
- 1 medium seedless watermelon
- Whipped cream
- Whole mint leaves
- Foil cupcake liners
- Slice up your watermelon into 2-3-inch thick slices.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut circles out of each slice. Optionally, cut down the sides of the watermelon to make them smaller on the bottom for a real “cupcake” look.
- Place each watermelon circle in a cupcake liner, ideally foil liners as they’ll be more durable against the moisture from the watermelon.
- When ready to serve, give each watermelon “cupcake” a dollop of whipped cream, then place a raspberry and some mint leaves on top. Enjoy immediately.