Potato salad is a go-to dish for summer meals. Not only is it super easy to prepare, it can be made in large quantities - perfect for feeding the hungry masses!
This recipe follows the classic potato salad style, but pumps up the volume with melt-in-your-mouth bacon, crisp green onions and cheddar cheese.
Prep for this recipe takes a little extra time, about 2 hours, so you'll want to make this one the night before a big barbecue. It makes 12 servings.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 3/4 cups green onion chopped
- 3/4 cups red onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add potatoes to a large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook until tender, but still firm - around 15 minutes.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. cover and let eggs stand for 10-12 mintues. Remove from water, cool, peel and chop.
- Cook bacon over medium high heat in a large, deep skillet until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, eggs, bacon, green onion, red onion, celery.
- Stir in mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste
- Toss with cheddar cheese