I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to get gourmet in the kitchen. Whether you’ve got a big gathering coming over, or you just feel like eating fancy for dinner one night, this recipe for Shrimp Watermelon Kabobs is for you.
If you love ginger, this recipe is top notch. From the dressing to the juicy jumbo shrimp, the layered flavors are simply to die for! And for presentation, these are simply so fun to plate and serve. You and your guests will love these little kabobs!
- 1 small watermelon, peeled and cubed
- 250 ml Ginger beer
- 10 jumbo shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ cup canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 Cara Cara orange, juiced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons ginger, rasped
- Green onion, sliced finely
- White sesame seeds
- Peel and cube a small watermelon, then add ginger beer and allow to marinate overnight.
- Place all ingredients for shrimp in a large bowl.
- Mix to combine flavors, then set aside while making the dressing.
- For the dressing, put all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar.
- Whisk or shake jar well to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Take marinaded shrimp and place in a medium-high heat cast-iron skillet. Allow to brown in pan, then add remainder of marinade to coat.
- To assemble kabobs, skewer cooked shrimp, a watermelon cube, and top with sliced green onions and white sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing and serve.