Pop Tarts are so nostalgic for a lot of people, but I bet you’ve never seen Rainbow Pop Tarts before! This colorful version is so fun and easy to make!
There’s nothing like homemade, and you can customize these any way you like! Your favorite jam will work as the filling, and the sky’s the limit when it comes to sprinkles! Decorate and eat...yum!
For the dough:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ - ½ cup cold water
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring
For the filling:
- Any jam of your choice
For the glaze:
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
- To make the dough, mix together the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until it turns into a crumbly meal-like texture. Drizzle over the ice water, and pulse until the dough sticks together when squished together.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls and dye each ball a color of the rainbow with food coloring. Flatten each ball of dough into a disk and stack them up in the order of the rainbow. Twist together, then divide in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To assemble the Pop Tarts, roll the dough out into a rectangle 10 inches x 8 inches. Cut into 4 rectangles and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dollop 1 teaspoon of jam onto the center of one side of each rectangle. Fold the rectangle over to cover the jam and seal closed with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and fully cool.
- To decorate, combine the whipping cream and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the confectioner’s sugar and whisk until fully combined. Spoon some glaze onto each pop tart and decorate with rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!